Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sometimes It's All So Much

     I have opened a new post for Oliver at least four times, wrote some weird sentence to kick it off, and then stared blankly. Where to go from there? It was all too much. I was feeling and experiencing too much to whittle it down to a few cohesive paragraphs. So I simply exited the post and walked away. And then today it occurred to me that maybe that was the thing--that sometimes it's all just so much.
     I've been overwhelmed a little bit in the last few weeks. Not in a crushing way, which I suppose is what overwhelmed means, so maybe I'm not using it right. I just mean that it's all so much. And it get to the point where I feel like I stop for even a second, I will lose momentum. So I can't stop. So it continues to be so much.
     A few non-sequiturs:

  • The Del Close Marathon (#DCM14) is awesome. What an emotional rollercoaster!
  • I love fireworks. I like to watch a baseball game and see fireworks on the 4th of July because that's what America means to me. 
  • Yes, I am overqualified to make coffee. But I like coffee. 
  • Sometimes my mom is mean, and maybe that's where I get it from.
  • There are a lot of ways in which I am a human disaster.
  • I'd rather make people laugh than make electricity. 
  • I miss Mary.
  • I believe hunger is an emotion.


No comments:

Post a Comment