Monday, June 11, 2012

How Good Moods Fade

     I was in a ridiculously good mood this morning. The type of good mood that pisses other people off. I had no real reason to be. It was 4am and I had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep. But I was standing in the train station outside of work, listening to my iPod, just doing a little dance. I was in that good of a mood.
     By noon, I was NOT in a good mood. I had talked to a lot of people by then, and most of the them were mad at me. One of them accused me of not speaking English based on the fact that I didn't hear him ask for a sandwich. By the way, this is unacceptable to me. I powered my way through the transaction, but I made sure he was aware that it is incredibly rude of him to ask me,while wearing sunglasses indoors, if I speak English simply because I didn't hear him. He won't change his ways, I'm sure-once an asshole, always an asshole.
     And that's how good moods fade. You put yourself in the real world where people are supportive and nice. In improv, people are supportive and nice. Even when they're not nice in the scene, they're nice in general. And they're supportive. They don't walk into a coffee shop looking for a fight. Or, if the scene called for them to walk into a coffee shop looking for a fight, they would, but still, they wouldn't be assholes about it. What I'm saying is that improv is better than real life. Improv creates good moods. Real life creates bad moods.

No comments:

Post a Comment