Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cycles are Vicious

     I've never experienced something that occurs with regularity that has not been vicious.  Every cycle is a vicious cycle.  I'm currently in the middle of a vicious sleep cycle.  I stayed up too late one day, which means I slept in really late the next morning, which leads to staying up late again because I'm just not tired, so then, of course, I sleep in again.  It's a cycle, and it's vicious.
     The vicious sleep cycle also leads to a vicious coffee cycle.  I enjoy coffee in the morning.  When I get up late morning, I feel as though I don't deserve coffee.  However, a few hours in, I just don't feel like myself.  I go through coffee withdrawal.  I am weak, so I give in, and I make afternoon coffee.  Then my usual afternoon coffee leads to evening coffee.  Evening coffee leads to staying up late watching X-Files reruns.  Another vicious cycle.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment