Thursday, November 24, 2011

Why I Am Thankful

     I see it in movies and on TV--people go around the table and say what they are thankful for.  It's possible we've done it once at our own d-fest celebration, but I doubt we ever took it very seriously.  Some years it didn't seem like there was a lot to be thankful for, other than that one day when we were all together, just holding on.  Luckily, that was often enough to power through.  This year, though, I am thankful for things.  And by things, I mean people. 
     So, in no particular order, I am thankful for:
     Mary, Megan, Luke, Lauri, Katie, David, Jason, Abby, Kim, Brian, Sean, Curtis, Isabelle, Sophia, Ingrid, Mary, Stacy, Stacey, Topher, Dave, Dan, Cassidy, Bart, Mom, Rachael, Wendy, Cynthia, Leah, Amanda, John, Patsy, Mark, Nikki, Jen, Nikki, Dora, Wes, Craig, Cirocco, Emily, Em, Kate, Dani, Tom, Sean, Dave, Jordan, Bjorn, Cyrus, Steve, Jon, Marty, Marty, Chris, Caleb, Luke, Meghan, and Mindy.
     I bet I left some people out, and I didn't mean to.  Or maybe I did.  It's not just a list of people I ran into on the street.  I'm also thankful for improv and spotify.  These things have changed my life this year.  Again, in no particular order, I am thankful for:
     Improv, Spotify, UCB, WIT, sketch, MegaBus, Amtrak, The Mountain Goats, television, TiVo, Hulu, NetFlix, BluRay, laundry in the basement, ice cream, Trader Joe's, happy hour sushi, GChat, Ikea, delivery, the subway, movers, buffalo meat, iPhones, hoodies, living in NYC, having lived in DC, and good shoes.
     Oh there are others, but right now all I can think about is the food that's being prepared and the drinks that are flowing.  We're playing games and laughing and taping the whole thing.  It's a great holiday and I just can't say enough nice things about it.  I'm thankful we have this holiday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment