Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Phones and Sequels

     I do not like talking on the phone.  If I were a psychiatrist I would link it back to my childhood.  My father was relentless about the phone.  To him, there was no reason to be on the phone for longer than 10 minutes, for any reason.  This was a hard and fast rule.  We had a timer.  We didn't have a cordless either, so he would sit in the chair next to the phone watching you while you talked.  If you said a word he thought inappropriate for a phone call, you got cut off.  Laughter?  No, not acceptable.  He had no qualms about hanging up the phone for you.
     The hardest part for me is actually hanging up the phone.  That's where I become most awkward.  Maybe I need my dad around to rip the phone out of my hand and slam it down.  That always ended the conversation.
     Also, there are a lot of sequels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment