Friday, May 6, 2011

Coffee, Bagels, and Breakfast in General

     Remember the magical powers of coffee?  I do.  1.  I talk about it a lot.  2.  I really truly believe in it.  Recently the poor quality of the coffee at work has been getting to me.  The coffee in the office is shit.  I hate it.  I live one block from Starbucks.  I work 2 blocks from a different Starbucks.  I own an espresso machine, a French Press, two grinders, and a pour over cone.  When I'm at home, I have all the good coffee I want.  But since I can't take drinks on the Metro, I don't make coffee for the commute.
     I had not been making the stop on the way in because the atmosphere of the office is so tense that if I walk in with a Starbucks cup I'll get the judgey eyes from everyone, both for stopping for coffee when they provide it and for not getting to the office as early as possible.  However, this week, I just couldn't take it any more.  It seems like a pretty small thing to take a stand on, but it's not.  It's huge.  So I started just swinging in to get my coffee in the morning, enjoying a doppio over ice with a splash of cream.  The real Nancy emerges.
     Every Friday, Mary gets a bagel for breakfast.  I am incredibly jealous of Mary and her bagel days.  I've talked about it before, such as when I almost fell off the escalator.  Anyway, I bring this up, mainly because Mary told me too.  This is the result of another "hey, shout out an idea" request.  I was originally going to write about why I'm a terrible kid, but I didn't want to read all that terrible stuff about myself.
     Bagels are awesome and a great way to start the day.  Breakfast isn't just the most important meal of the day, it's also the most awesome.  Breakfast foods kick ass.  Bagels!  Waffles!  Pancakes!  Eggs!  Ham!  Cereal!  Fruit!  Oatmeal!  Mimosa!  Potatoes!  You can eat breakfast foods at any time of the day and that time of the day will become better.  Breakfast is so good, another meal was made in order to incorporate breakfast foods into it.  Mmmm brunch.  I'd like to propose brinner as an option also.
     My sister still doesn't like breakfast.  I don't understand it.  I always assumed that was something people grew out of, like not liking vegetables or wearing tie-dye.  She's nearly 40 and still won't eat bacon.  BACON!  Come on! 
     Why would anyone eat anything other than breakfast foods? This isn't the clip I was looking for, but it's still pretty damn good. Leslie Knope and I have similar feelings about breakfast, and most foods in general.  Yay Coffee, Bagels, and Breakfast in General!

No comments:

Post a Comment