Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bonnaroo, I Hardly Knew Ye

     I am most surprised by the fact that I actually woke up this morning.  One of the first things I did when I got home last night was shower.  It was the greatest shower of my life.  And then I went about my night, as though it weren't after midnight.  Bonnaroo got in my blood.
     I have to admit, there was tipping point for me.  Or a wall if you will.  I wasn't sure I was going to make it.  Between day 2 and day 3, I was just flummoxed.   The heat had gotten to me and I was in pain.  Little annoyances were building up and I was convinced I had gotten in over my head.  But I powered through.  And then the most amazing thing happened- I came down on the other side; I broke through the wall.  It happened during the Mumford&Sons performance when I just knew I was witnessing something amazing.  A wash came over me and the frustrations from earlier- the heat, being stepped on, sulfer-water, lines- just faded away.  Bonnaroo 2012, count me in.
      I've been thinking about how to organize my thoughts for Bonnaroo, and I think I should do it just the way I do everything else - Bird by Bird.  So, I'll do complete bird-by-bird review of Bonnaroo over the next few days.  A small preview:

Things We Lost at Bonnaroo:  One pair of sandals and a blanket.  We lost them the way you lose things in the fray, or in the fire. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment