Friday, October 21, 2011

The Printing Saga Continues

     Now I'm out of paper.  Argh!  Printing should not be this hard.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  I bought the ink I needed.  I set up the parameters on the computer to print in gray-scale and bypass that pesky Cyan problem.  And now, there's no paper.
     The nagging part of being out of paper is that paper isn't really that hard to come by.  I'm surrounded by it.  I never run out of paper at work.  It's always there, just popping out of the printer whenever I need it.  I get lulled into this false sense of paper-availability security.  I expect it to always be there.  But then I go home and I press print and that little HP son-of-a-bitch just blinks at me.
     I've actually spent the last day thinking "where do I even buy paper?"  This is probably unreasonable.  I'm not looking for ancient paper, or a case of dot-matrix-style paper; I just need regular old printer paper.  I bet I could find it at CVS or about any of the fifty stores I walk passed on a daily basis.  Still, I get anxious.
     Basically, printing has become a major source of stress in my life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment