Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I Miss When I'm Sleeping

     For the last three days, I've been getting home from work and going immediately to bed.  Well, almost immediately.  On Monday, I warmed up leftover chicken pot pie, put on my pajamas, ate the leftovers in bed, took some NyQuil, and then promptly fell asleep.  Tuesday was similar except replace the chicken pot pie with macaroni and cheese.  Wednesday I just finished a bag of tortilla chips.
     I wasn't convinced I would be tired enough to immediately fall asleep when I got in bed.  I knew I needed rest, but I also wanted to be entertained.  Monday night I went for Netflix Watch Instantly and chose something I had already seen but had enjoyed, so I wouldn't mind drifting off to sleep.  I made it about 45 seconds into the opening credits of I.Q.
     By Tuesday,  I had heard so much about Monday's episode of How I Met Your Mother I started regretting sleeping through it.  Of course, I had TiVod (I don't know what the past tense of TiVo is) it, so I was able to watch it while making the Macaroni and Cheese.  Then I watched Asssscat as I drifted off to Nyquil induced zzzz-land.  I actually made it through the whole thing, but fell asleep about 2 seconds after it was over. 
     On Wednesday I realized I slept through Parenthood.  I was a bit forlorn, but honestly, I usually sleep through this anyway, because it's just on too late for me.  So I didn't make a big deal out of it.  Instead I polished off that bag of tortilla chips and put in the second disc of season one of Mad Men.  I already feel years behind the rest of the world, but I don't actually get AMC and it just took that long for it to reach number one on my queue.  Anyway, I watched the first two episodes on the disc comfortably from my bed.  I'll have to rewatch that third one; I saw the beginning scene, and then the closing credits.
     I missed Modern Family  and Cougar Town.  I'll be a week behind.  Hopefully this sickness will be out my system by Saturday morning and I can resume the awesome custom of Saturday morning TV catch up.  I'll have to avoid spoilers, but honestly, that shouldn't be too hard.
     I also missed a phone call from my mother and a text from a friend.  I'd like to think that, like Tracy Jordan, when I go to sleep, nothing happens in the world.  Alas, this is not true.     

No comments:

Post a Comment