Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Today is a great day.  So great, I made a chart about it.

The morning went per the usual.  (I wanted to abbreviate usual, but I don't know how to spell that.  It's like you-j, with a soft j.  But that is not shorter.  Per the uj?  From now on, if I write uj, I mean usual, but for short.)  The alarm went off, I was not happy about it, and I hit snooze for an hour.
     Once I'm awake and moving, I get to feeling pretty good.  I'm still on a high from the Lucinda Williams concert, so I crank her up on my iPod as I make my way through the Metro system.
      Then I go to work.  The waiting.  The WooHoo factor is at an all time low, since all I can do is watch the clock tick.  I'm leaving at lunch time today to facilitate a proper celebration, and lunch time cannot come soon enough.  The morning drags on.
     The end of the graph is more of an extrapolation based on expectations and past performance.  I'm pretty confident in its accuracy.  As the time goes on, the WooHoo factor goes towards infinity, just like any good exponential function would.
      Were I to attempt to write out the fomulae for the chart, it might look like this:

WooHoo(t) = 2t + 2
t= 6am→ getting to work
WooHoo(t) = 0
t= getting to work → lunch time
WooHoo(t) = et + Guinness
t = lunch time → party time!
 I have to admit, my formula skills are a little rusty.  But I think you get the idea.
     In the grand tradition of holidays, I will be taking tomorrow off, so there will most likely be no Oliver update.  I recommend listening to as much Lucinda Williams and Dropkick Murphys as you can to get you through the long weekend.  Also, remember a few years ago almost dying at the St. Patrick's Day Dropkick Murphys concert?  I'm glad I did it, but I won't ever do it again.  Seriously, I thought I was going to get murdered, and not in a good way.

1 comment:

  1. I do remember! But I would like to try again. I feel as though we failed somehow. Like, if we had been prepared or wearing body armor things might have worked out a bit better.

    And I'm still sad I didn't get a t-shirt at THAT concert.

    ReplyDelete