Friday, March 11, 2011

When The Cat's Away

     As a direct result from the all those awesome things I'm doing, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.  As evidenced by my neck pain, I must have slept on my head.  To combat the sleepy-sleepies at work, I stopped at Starbucks on my way to the office for a triple tall americano.  The combination of low sleep and high caffeine pretty much makes me over-the-moon happy.  It might be a fake chemically induced happy, to be followed by a huge crash-and-burn later tonight, but for now, it's great. 
     I enjoyed my banana nut loaf and triple tall americano as jovially as I possibly could.  It's possible my coworkers didn't share in my delight.  I may have also been chair dancing to the awesome playlist I was listening to. 
     And then, uncontrollable laughter.  I did it to myself, so it was hard to explain to others what was so funny.  Plus, they didn't ask.  I wrote this email to Mary:
I needed you earlier when I read a headline too fast.  It read "DoD Says More War Funds Possible As Senators Eye Cuts."

I thought "Wow.  Eye cuts.  That would really hurt."  Then I thought it was a really bitchy thing for the DoD to say, and a really weird analogy.  Basically, I thought the DoD was saying that getting more war funds was as likely as senators getting eye cuts. 

And now I'm laughing uncontrollably about it.  It doesn't make any sense.  Obviously that's not what it means.  I can never explain this to anyone else.
Now I am trying to explain it.  Because it was a great moment.  I was laughing so hard, I was crying.  Basically, I was that asshole who laughs at their own joke, but then takes it even further, and laughs so hard at their own joke, they cry.  The fucking funniest joke ever, and I told it.  I was realizing this as it was happening, and it only fueled the fire, and created a vicious laughing cycle. 
      And my coworkers kept working, deliberately ignoring the laugh attack I was having in my cubicle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment