Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Time Between

     The week between Christmas and New Years is a bit like a black hole in the calendar.  It's hard to say exactly what to do with the time.  I find it difficult to plan for.  I woke up this morning not quite sure what to do or where to go.  Today is Tuesday--it's two days after Christmas and four days before New Year's Eve.  Nothing at all could happen today and nobody would notice.  We're winding down and gearing up at the same time.
     I had considered using this week to instill some better habits in myself.  I don't resolve things when the New Year hits, but still, there are a few things I could be doing differently.  What a better time to do them than this pesky time between?  At the same time--why now? This would also be a great week to not do any of those things.
     I'll try to split the difference.  I have a short list of things I would like to start doing.  Running again is one of them.  This is a tough one, for a lot of reasons, but I used to be a runner.  It was years ago; I hated it at first but then really got into it.  I wasn't fast and I couldn't run very far distances, but I would run for about 30-45 minutes every other day, and it felt good.  Well, it hurt usually, but in a good way.   I think about that a lot and I would like to be that mediocre at running again.  Maybe this week I'll start by becoming a walker--a mediocre walker.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment