Friday, July 29, 2011

Pesky Ambitions

     I am quite pleased that today is Friday.  I was planning out the weekend and it turns out, I don't have much on the agenda.  I was going to clean out my storage unit, but it's supposed to be oppressive again, so I'll skip sitting in a hot metal box going through boxes of the past. 
      "Hm, wow.  What should I do?  A movie marathon?  Watch tons of TV?  Read a book?  Gosh.  The world is my oyster, I guess.  Maybe I'll take a nap."  And then I remembered- I have ambitions!  I have goals!  I have a list of things I want to be when I grow up.  Maybe, just maybe I should work on that.  I should write a few jokes, revisit an old script that needs some work, and write a few sketches.  At a minimum.  Man oh man, these ambitions really get in the way of lazy weekends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment