Thursday, January 19, 2012

Maybe You're Just Depressed!

     I think I've mentioned it before, but one of my favorite moments from The Ellen Show is in the episode where Catherine comes in upset about *something* and Dot (Cloris Leachman) leans over and says, in her cheeriest voice, "Maybe you're just depressed!"  It's a mantra I use actually.  I once wrote an essay using it as my lead-off.  I wanted to embed the clip here, but it took longer than 10-seconds to find, so I gave up.
     Yesterday, I thought maybe I was depressed.  I didn't want to do a damn thing.  The internet was on the fritz, and not just because of the SOPA and PIPA blackouts.  It was a router issue that I was too lazy to deal with.  And by deal with I mean unplug, count to 30, and plug back in.  So I checked my email on my phone, and then laid around all the live-long day.  I would start to drift off to sleep and I would hear Cloris Leachman say "Maybe you're just depressed!"  Then I would chuckle and it would all be OK.
      There is also a bit about button-eyes on muffins.  It's delightful.  I don't even remember what I was depressed about.

No comments:

Post a Comment