Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oscar

     I don't wake up early for Oscar nominations.  It's not that I don't care, it's that it's really early and I'm never nominated!  Also, the Oscars aren't known for recognizing comedies so it's always a little anti-climactic for me. I'm just as happy hearing about the noms hours after they happen, when people are already outraged by them.
    I've mentioned before, probably about a year ago, how stupid I think the original song category is.  I still think this.  This year, only two songs were nominated.  There's an article over on Slate that explains why.  Frankly, I think it makes sense.  I'm tired of crappy songs taking up so much of the attention that should be given to, well, things that aren't as crappy.
    One of the two songs that is nominated though, is from one of my favorite movies of the year.  Am I man, or am I a muppet?  The eternal question. It has a 50% chance of winning--pretty good odds.  Don't eff it up, Oscar voters.


No comments:

Post a Comment