Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow Day

     We had half a snow day yesterday.  The snow had started a bit earlier than forecasted, and maybe there was a little bit more than predicted.  Maybe.  It was not a lot of snow, but people were concerned about the roads, because they were not properly treated.  It's always about the roads.
     Since I take public transportation, and I'm not afraid of snow,  I didn't really need to take advantage of the snow day.  However, since they don't pass out medals for being the only one sitting in the office, I took it.
     I figured today would be just like any other, but I did hold on to a glimmer of hope that perhaps the city just couldn't handle the snow.  I lay in bed and listened to the radio, foolishly hoping it got much much worse outside over night.  It didn't.
     It feels as though this snow day was simply to commemorate the first snow of the season.   I have no real problem with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment