Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sick and Tired

     I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I'm not actually sick, except that I'm so tired all the time, I feel like I should probably be sick.  There's no other good explanation.  I was attempting to go to bed earlier in hopes of getting more sleep and thereby not feeling so tired; it didn't work.
     It's been almost an entire 36 hours and I'd like to retract everything I said about becoming a different person.  The sentiment of it being hard is still true, but my desire to do it has seriously waned.  I think I'll still try to stop biting my nails.  And maybe I'll moisturize more.  But the rest of it is bullshit. 
     I suppose baby steps are the answer, but right now, I'm not concerned with the answer.  Also, there is a fine line between different and better.  I was careful to not say I was trying to become a better person- that's not really true.  Plus, better is relative.  In this case, different is more objective.  If there is something I was doing before, but I'm not doing it anymore, then it is different. 
     So, with the offer of a few chocolate covered pretzels and an overwhelming desire for burritos and coffee, I'm going back to my old life.  Where I wasn't sick all that often, and I was tired for a damn good reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment