Monday, April 25, 2011

My Favorite Part of Holidays

     The only part of Easter I'm willing to observe is the after-Easter candy sales.  Everything pastel and bunny shaped will be two-for-one at the local Rite Aid, and I'm going to stuff my candy drawer with enough chocolate to choke Jesus.  (Jesus is my building's maintenance man.)
     I'll try to stock up on enough peanut butter M&M's to get me through until the next major candy holiday.  Unfortunately,  that's Halloween, so it's not very realistic.  Hopefully there'll be red, white, & blue M&M's for the Fourth of July.  As a side note, I like to holiday peanut butter M&M's a little more than the regular peanut butter M&M's because, in my experience, they have a more consistent shape.  I don't know why this is, and I may not want to know, but there seems to be a process when making the specked "looks like robin eggs" peanut butter M&M's that forces them into a mold and they come out perfectly shaped.  The non-holiday ones are more randomly shaped.  It's fine, they still taste right, but aesthetically, I like the consistency of the holiday themed ones.
     Somehow I missed Jelly Beans this year.  I'm one of those freaks who really likes black jelly beans.  Really.  I love them.  I used to pick those out of the dish when I was a kid.  My mom used to make these Easter dessert things out of shredded wheat, chocolate, and jelly beans that were supposed to look like birds' nests with eggs in them, and I would go through and take all the black eggs off.  My second favorite was purple and I firmly stand by the opinion that they taste like purple.
     Happy Candy Sale Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment